General Category > 工作技能

【天问】Sample Personal Letters-外企个人信函模板

<< < (2/4) > >>

laofuzi:
Letter of Personal Reference

A personal reference letter is also known as a "character reference letter", and is essentilally exactly the same type of letter. Like other "general reference letters", a personal reference letter is normally opened with "To Whom It May Concern" or some similar general salutation. That's in contrast to a "recommendation letter" which is always addressed to a specific person to deal with a specific situation.

(print Personal Reference Letter on standard stationery)
2550 Notre-Dame W.
Montreal, QC H3C 1L2

July 27, 20xx

To Whom It May Concern:

Re: Personal Reference - Michael Meloche

I have known Michael Meloche for the past 15 years, first as a neighbour and squash partner, and in recent years as a friend.

I first met Michael shortly after he arrived in this country from his native Serbia. He had moved in with his father in the same building in which I lived. Not long after he arrived, he noticed me in the elevator with my squash gear and asked me in his rudimentary English if I would play squash with him, to which I agreed.

When he first arrived in this country, Michael registered in the final year of high school to improve his English. In fact, during that first year I often tutored him in English and History in the evenings which allowed me to get to know him quite well. I quickly realized that not only was Michael very bright, he was an incredibly hard working individual who was determined to overcome all challenges he faced. Accordingly, within one year he was quite fluent in English, with very little accent, and he had finished at the top of his class in high school. In addition to that, in parallel with his studies he managed to hold down two part-time jobs.

After that, Michael was accepted into university on a partial scholarship in another city. Although we didn't see each other for about three years we kept in touch by e-mail and I could see that he was continuing to excel in his studies. After three years he graduated with an Honors degree in Biochemistry.

After a short stint doing research with a pharmaceutical company in Toronto, Michael moved to Montreal six years ago to pursue his dream of becoming a medical doctor. While he was studying medicine at McGill University in Montreal I saw quite a bit of him and was well aware of his progress as he moved through medical school. Last year Michael realized his dream and graduated near the top of his class as an M.D. He is currently a plastics and reconstructive surgery resident at a major Montreal hospital.

Clearly, Michael's deeds speak for themselves. He is a highly intelligent hard worker who never loses sight of his goals. He is also a fine person with a great deal of integrity who I am proud to call a friend. I therefore have no hesitation whatsoever in unreservedly recommending Michael Meloche as a trustworthy person who can always be counted on, regardless of the enterprise.

If you have questions or need additional information about my knowledge of Michael please free to call me in Montreal at (514) 978-1789.

Sincerely,

Samuel Francis, M.B.A.

laofuzi:
Letter of Congratulations

Letters of congratulations, or congratulations letters, are appropriate for various situations, both personal and business. The sample letter of congratulations below is typical. In it, someone congratulates a colleague cum acquaintance for an award she has received. Unsolicited gestures such as this are good practice, both in business and in friendships.

(print personal Letter of Congratulations on standard stationery)
495 West Village Way
Suite 975
New York, New York
10023-6825
January 15, 20xx

Mavis Jamieson
880 West 60th Street
Suite 1850
New York, New York
10025-5745

Dear Mavis:

Please accept my heartiest congratulations on your recent selection for inclusion on the short-list for the NY City Writers Prize.

I just heard the news today from Francis Goodspeed when she dropped into my office with the marked up proofs for her latest collection of stories. As you can imagine, Fran was very excited too!

I am so proud of you. As you know, I have been a longtime promoter of your work, and in my mind it's about time they finally recognized your talent. In fact, I believe that your selection for the NYCWP short-list is long overdue.

I have already read two of the other books that are short-listed and in my opinion they don't hold a candle to your "No Turning Back". I will read the other three books nominated and let you know what I think. Although, I could hardly be considered an objective reviewer on this one!

Once again Mavis, my sincere congratulations on your nomination. Just being nominated for the NYCWP is an honor in itself. I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you until they announce the winner on March 1st.

Sincere best wishes,

Brad Merchant

laofuzi:
Letter of Complaint

A personal letter of complaint, or complaint letter, can be warranted in many different situations. If you have a grievance and you want some kind of action, a letter of complaint is the most effective way to achieve that. Recording your complaint formally in writing makes it very clear that you are serious about the situation, and is thefore more likely to elicit a serious response.

(print personal Letter of Complaint on standard stationery)
15-1505 Drummond St.
Montreal, QC, H3C 1L2
(xxx) 989-1758
Oct. 15, 20xx

Jeremy Foster
17-1505 Drummond St.
Montreal, QC, H3C 1L2

Dear Jeremy:

Further to my letter to you of Sept. 15/xx, tomorrow will make seven (7) weeks since your renovation project mishap caused significant water damage to the ceiling of my bathroom (i.e. Aug. 27/xx). As you know, most of the ceiling collapsed due to the excessive water build-up. As you are also aware, Units 11 and 13 were also damaged.

The only thing that has happened on this since my Sept. 15th letter, took place about ten days later when an Estimator for your insurance company inspected the damage to the various units.

The day after the mishap, you told me that since you had caused this problem you would be following-up promptly and would keep me posted on developments. It has now been 48 days since your actions caused this damage and my bathroom ceiling has still not been repaired, nor have I heard anything from you or anyone else about when repairs might be done.

I have recently had two sets of house guests visit me and I was not too pleased about having to apologize to them about the state of my bathroom. I expect more guests in a couple of weeks and I would really appreciate it if the repairs were done before their visit.

Frankly Jeremy, I am at a loss to understand why you have obviously made no efforts to expedite these repairs and to keep us informed of the situation. You seem to be acting as if this really didn't happen and that perhaps it will somehow go away. I'm afraid it will not go away until you attend to repairing the damage for which you are responsible.

At this point I would ask you to please show some respect and consideration for your neighbors who suffered these damages through no fault of their own, but due to your negligence.

Jeremy, on behalf of my fellow residents in this building I ask you to do the right thing and see to it that the necessary repairs get done post-haste.

Sincerely,

Steven Faubert

cc: Evelyn Tracey
       Claude Patterson

laofuzi:
Letter of Apology

A personal letter of apology, or apology letter, should be short and sincere. If you are going to write one at all, make sure it is heartfelt, or there is really no point. Sending someone a sincere letter of apology can have significant impact, and can go a long way towards patching up interpersonal differences. The sample apology letter below is from one neighbor to another.

(print personal Letter of Apology on standard letter stationery)

175 Pitkin Park Road
Apt. No. 7
Montpelier, VT
05602-2950
April 10, 20xx
Martin Gavin
175 Pitkin Park Road
Apt. No. 15
Montpelier, VT
05602-2950

Dear Martin:
Re: Parking Garage Problem

Please regard this as a letter of apology for the recent problems that I caused you by moving your belongings in the parking garage without your permission.

Believe me, I had no intention of causing you any problems. Over the long weekend I decided to rearrange my space in the garage and install some new shelving on the front wall opposite my parking space. While I was at it I thought I would also tidy up the entire garage. It was during that process that I noticed that your boxes of books were stored, what I thought was, dangerously close to the electric heating element. So, I took the liberty of moving those boxes to the other side of the garage. It didn't occur to me at the time that this would block the entry and exit on the passenger side of your vehicle.

After you brought this to my attention Monday evening I immediately moved your boxes back to where they were stored originally. As you suggested, by stacking them carefully I was able to place them so that there was sufficient safe clearance from the heating element. I trust you will find everything in order now.

I'm really sorry that I didn't check with you first before moving your belongings. I can now see how it would have upset you to return after the holiday weekend and find your belongings moved for no apparent reason. All I can say is that it won't happen again.

Sincerely,

Jeff Gibson

laofuzi:
Goodbye Letter Sample

The goodbye letter sample below is for a typical work situation. Also known as a farewell letters, they should be kept short and to the point, and sincere. There's no point in sending a goodbye letter that comes across as insincere.

(print Goodbye Letter to co-workers on corporate letterhead)
August 12, 20xx

Dear Friends:

As a number of you already know I have recently accepted a position with another company and will be leaving at the end of this week. Please consider this to be my sincere goodbye to each and every one of you.

I want you all to know that I am truly leaving here with mixed feelings; happy about my new career opportunity, but sad to be leaving such a great company where I have so many wonderful friends and colleagues. The last three years as a member of the SysTek team was the best period of my career so far. I learned a great deal and worked with many people with whom I am sure I will remain friends for a long time. I can only wish that my new job will give me such rewarding experiences and supportive friends.

Thank you so much for making my time at SysTek a truly enjoyable one. I invite any of you who would like to keep in touch, to speak to me before I leave on Friday and I will be happy to give you my new phone and e-mail co-ordinates.

My very best wishes for the future go out to each and every one of you.

Yours sincerely,

Jason Hurley

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version